By d-mars.com News Provider
Liliana Rambo joined the Houston Airport System (HAS) in July 2011 to oversee the parking operation for George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and William P. Hobby Airport (HOU). Rambo is responsible the operation of over 35,000 parking spaces and annual revenues of over $95M. Her responsibilities also include the development of a parking team, maximizing the parking revenues, construction of new parking facilities, implementation of new parking technology and enhancing the parking products HAS offers its customers. She is also responsible for the development and construction of new parking facilities and their overall operation. Some of Rambo’s accomplishments at the airports include:
- Continued increased in parking revenues of over 20% over the last 4 years
- Design, planning and current construction of a 3,000 space parking facility at HOU and a 2,200 covered parking lot at Will Clayton
- Implementation of a system wide parking marketing campaign and ambassador program
- Successful implementation of a valet parking program at IAH and HOU
- Building, opening and operation of a new Compressed Natural Gas facility
A leader with a strong background in the parking industry and over twenty-eight years of experience, Rambo joined the City of Houston Parking Management Division in April 2005. Prior to that, she headed the City of Hollywood, FL, Office of Parking Services for over four years, and she was a member of the management team at Miami Parking Authority for over 14 years.
Rambo is a Certified Administrator of Public Parking (CAPP) and holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from St. Thomas University. Rambo is the Past Chair of the Board of the International Parking Institute (IPI) and Past President of the Texas Parking and Transportation Association. As Past Chair of IPI, Rambo was responsible for the formation of the Global Parking Association Leaders Summit and for planning and hosting the first three annual Latin American Parking Conferences.
Rambo has also served in many other board positions and committees with many organizations within the City of Houston that provide services to many constituents and children within the city.
Her community involvement includes:
- Vice-President of the Dawson High School Volleyball Booster Club
- Past-President of the Women Professionals in Government
- Former Girl Scout Troop Leader
- Founding member of Women on the Move Running Club
- Past Member-City of Hollywood Economic Development Roundtable Negotiating Team and Steering Committee
- Education Committee and Diamond Service Award Committee
For more information, please visit www.fly2houston.com.