Test your health knowledge!
1. People who regularly eat dinner or breakfast in restaurants double their risk of becoming obese. TRUE or FALSE?
2. Farting helps reduce high blood pressure and is good for your health. TRUE or FALSE?
3. Laughing 100 times is equivalent to 45 minutes of exercise on a stationary bicycle. TRUE or FALSE?
4. Sitting for more than three hours a day can cut two years off a person’s life expectancy. TRUE or FALSE?
5. Sleeping less than 5 hours each night reduces your life expectancy. TRUE or FALSE?
7. The U.S. spends more money per person on healthcare than any other developed country, and its life expectancy is above average. TRUE or FALSE?
8. Eating too much meat can accelerate your body’s biological age. TRUE or FALSE?
9. The first heart transplant using a “dead heart” was performed by surgeons in California, in 2012. TRUE or FALSE?
10. Working past age 65 is linked to a shorter life, a study found. TRUE or FALSE?
11. People who read books live an average of almost 2 years longer than those who do not read at all, a Yale research found. TRUE or FALSE?
12. Road traffic accidents kill more people around the world than malaria. TRUE or FALSE?
13. You can burn 50% more fat by exercising in the morning on an empty stomach. TRUE or FALSE?
14. “Rhinorrhea” is the medical condition otherwise known as a “runny nose.” TRUE or FALSE?
15. A father’s diet before conception plays a crucial role in a child’s health. TRUE or FALSE?
3.) False. It is equivalent to 15 minutes of exercise on a stationary bicycle.
5.) False. Less than 7 hours.
7.) False. Its life expectancy is below average.
9.) False. It was performed by surgeons in Australia, in October 2014.
10.) False. It is linked to a longer life.
13.) False. You can burn 20% more fat.