Gluten is a general name for the proteins found in wheat (durum, emmer, spelt, farina, farro, KAMUT® khorasan wheat and einkorn), rye, barley and triticale. Gluten helps foods maintain their shape, acting as a glue that holds food together. Gluten can be found in many types of foods, even ones that would not be expected (see Sources of Gluten). Read more
- Smoked salmon
- Udi’s Gluten-free bagel
- Cream cheese
- Thinly sliced red onions (optional)
- Capers or olive tapenade (optional)
- Toast bagel.
- Spread with cream cheese.
- Add salmon.
- If desired, top with onions and/or capers.
Chunky Mango Guacamole
Approximate nutrition per serving:
138 calories, 13g carbs, 10g fat, 2g protein, 339g sodium, 6g sugar
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- assorted fresh vegetables and Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins
In large bowl, combine first five ingredients; stir in lime juice and salt. Serve with vegetables and chips.
Peanut Butter Granola Bites (after-school snack)
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup dried fruit
- Optional additions: 2 scoops protein powder; 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
In a saucepan over medium heat, add honey, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until loosened and smooth (1-2 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in cereal, oats, dried fruit, and other ingredients. Drop a tablespoonful of mixture into each lined cupcake tin, OR spread in baking pan approximately ½ inch thick. Refrigerate approximately 15 minutes until set. For bars, cut with sharp knife and remove from pan with spatula.