By d-mars.com News Provider
The Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, under the leadership of Dr. Laura Murillo, President and CEO and with the support of the board and staff, is the largest Hispanic Chamber in the country. The Chamber has developed and fostered strategic partnerships that often result in innovative public policy, stronger community relationships, and countless economic opportunities for its members. Utilizing strong partnerships with many of the region’s most impactful energy companies, the Chamber recently hosted the Energy Summit & Business Expo, one of the city’s most insightful energy programs. As Houston is in the energy capital of the world, the Energy Summit & Business Expo provides attendees with valuable information and insight into the current developments in the energy industry.
About the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber is the leading regional advocate and champion for the economic and civic interests of the Hispanic business community. The Chamber’s membership is comprised of a wide array of entrepreneurs, executives, small businesses, and Fortune 500 firms.
The Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce serves as a catalyst for business opportunity and growth by:
- Creating business opportunities for its members and corporate partners through its strong network of local, national, and international partnerships.
- Organizing and sponsoring a wide array of programming – educational seminars, networking events, business-centric educational panels, and much more.
- Identifying new and existing business opportunities and introducing members to new sources of business and commerce.
The Chamber executes its Strategic Vision through a series of initiatives, communication channels, and impactful community and corporate partnerships. These initiatives allow the Chamber to “sit at the table” where the conversations that impact the Hispanic community are had, and have its voice heard as a steadfast representative of the local Hispanic community. The Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has an active Board of Directors, a professional staff led by a President & CEO, and a robust volunteer infrastructure – all of which help chart the course for the future of the Chamber.
The Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce acts as an effective business resource by:
- Creating local, national, and international business opportunities for newcomers and members.
- Organizing and sponsoring educational seminars and networking events such as membership orientations and breakfast meetings.
- Developing dialogue with elected officials and corporations to advocate on behalf of our members.
- Serving as mentors to Hispanic professionals and business owners.
- Referring members to the proper sources of business and information.
About Dr. Laura Murillo
Dr. Murillo is President and CEO of the Chamber. She holds a B.A., a Master’s degree, and a Doctorate from the University of Houston. The University of Houston bestowed its highest honor, the President’s Medallion, to the Chamber and Dr. Murillo.
Her leadership has not only made the Chamber the largest Hispanic chamber in the country, but has taken the organization to set unprecedented records. She serves as the Founding President & CEO of the Chamber’s foundation, Founding Executive Producer/Host for the Chamber’s television program on CBS KHOU, and for the Chamber’s radio and TV program on Univision. Additionally, she is the Founding Executive Producer/Host for the Chamber’s radio program on 6 CBS radio stations, and she is a Telemundo Political Commentator.
She has received many state, national, and international honors, including the “Top 10 Who’s Who in Business,” and the honor of “Top 5 C-Suite CEO Finalist” by the Houston Business Journal. Dr. Murillo’s board memberships include the Houston BBVA Compass Board of Directors, the University of Houston Board of Advisors, the Mayor’s Hispanic Advisory Board, and the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition’s Texas Advisory Committee.
Some of Dr. Murillo’s community involvement includes:
- Houston BBVA Compass Board of Directors
- University of Houston Board of Advisors
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors
- Houston Symphony’s Hispanic Leadership Council
- Mayor’s Hispanic Advisory Board
- Harris County-Houston Sports Authority Board of Directors
- Houston Super Bowl Host Committee
- U.S. Global Leadership Coalition’s Texas Advisory Committee
For more on the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, please visit www.houstonhispanicchamber.com.